Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Geshe-La

Geshe-La asked me about politics today. I told him my friends in the NT were being affected by Howards decision and I was worried about that, that I would vote for Rudd because Howard is not a compassionate leader and Rudd is new blood/new ideas - ie. the lesser of two choices and that I did not understand the Iraq war. A brief conversation with brief questions from Geshe-La and brief answers from me but I felt happy that he chose to engage with me. The people who live here at the centre are some of the most compassionate, generous, interested, genuine people I have ever met. Each day I am here I can only hope that some of their wisdom and experience will generate within me and I can therefore send it out to others.
I am humbled and grateful for these opportunities to stay here and can only hope that my Bodhichitta and Dharma practice continue and increase continually, and do not decrease the longer I am away in Ghana where there are no temples, gurus and where i may find no other Buddhist practitioners.

No comments: